In this detailed article we will talk about the prices for rest, accommodation, food and souvenirs at the Bulgarian resort of Pomorie.
Note, that Pomorie, is not only an ordinary resort, but also a health resort of Bulgaria. There are many resorts that are engaged first and foremost with mud therapy.
Holiday in Pomorie – why this resort is better than others
Pomorie is one of our favorite Bulgarian resorts. If we had decided to visit Bulgaria again, we would definitely choose Pomorie.
The city has a lot of parks, are constantly held various festivals, hither are arrive folk ensembles and singing groups.
As in Nessebar, the old part of the city lies on a small peninsula. The new part Pomorie is located on the mainland, where are constructed luxurious 5 star hotels. Do not believe me? We passed by behold this hotel (beautiful and insanely expensive):
In Pomorie are worth seeing a monastery of St.George, the Lake of Pomorie and the Old City. You can also visit a Museum of Salt and a Historical Museum in the old part of the city. And also in Pomorie is located a famous brandy factory.
Shopping in Pomorie – whether to come for shopping?
Shopping in of Pomorie is definitely a good idea. There is so much choice, as, for example, in Burgas, but everything is much cheaper. Here is an example: a set of cosmetics Bulgarian Rose on the main street of Pomorie is about 7.5 levs, while in Nessebar and Burgas from 10 to 15 levs, depending on the place of purchase.
For example, we went hither several times to buy cheap fresh fruits, to have a snack, to walk around the city we liked and to buy gifts for relatives and friends from Bulgaria. It turned out much cheaper than shopping in Nessebar.
Prices for souvenirs in Pomorie
As a purely Bulgarian souvenirs we would like to highlight:
- A variety of cosmetics Bulgarian rose, prices for it are starting from about 3 levs
- Bulgarian spices and herbs, which cost much less than ours – 35 g in a glass container cost 0.84 lev
- Lace tablecloths that Bulgarian pensioners knitting on the street
- Quite good silver jewelry at an average price per gram 10 levs.
Of course, the list of interesting souvenirs is not over, but we have identified things, that makes sense to buy exactly in Pomorie.
You may be interested: prices for souvenirs and purchases in Bulgaria
Prices for clothing: all the Turkish, but cheap
In Pomorie there are quite a lot of clothing stores. They trade mainly imported Turkish things, a lot of imitations of brands at low prices.
It is necessary to clarify that about 3 out of 4 clothing stores in Pomorie are intended for women, and only one – for men.
We have rested in Bulgaria in the end of August and beginning of September. During the summer, most of the good things were sold out and we had to be satisfied with leftovers. Here are the approximate prices for clothes:
- Shirts with long and short sleeves cost 26 levs;
- Quite good jeans can be bought for 30-35 levs;
- Light sweater costs about 30 levs;
- A tie – from 10 levs.
Unfortunately, we forgot to write down the prices in the shops, so that indicated only what remembered. If suddenly someone from our readers will be in Pomorie, please send us the prices, please.
In the Internet is often recommended to go for shopping to Burgas. The choice there is really much bigger, but the prices are high, and quite a lot of fakes. So we would not recommend to our friends shopping in Burgas.
Prices for meals in restaurants and cafes – is the food in Pomorie expensive?
Food in restaurants and supermarkets of Pomorie are not expensive.
Approximate prices for meals in restaurants of Pomorie (based on prices from a couple of ordinary restaurants near the sea):
Shopskiy salad – 4 levs per 300 g
Pastushiy salad – 5.50 levs per 500 g
Country style salad – 5 levs per 350 g
Greek salad – 5 levs per 450 g
Chicken pieces with sesame seeds – 6.50 levs per 200 g
Chicken pieces with corn flakes – 6.50 levs per 200 g
Scrambled eggs – 2.80 levs per 250 g
Fried cheese – 5.50 levs per 200 g
Pork kebab – 6 levs per 250 g
Chicken kebab – 5.90 levs per 250 g
Chicken legs chop – 6.50 levs per 200 g
Chicken fillet – 7 levs per 200 g
Chicken ragout – 12 levs per 1 kg
Pork ragout – 13 levs per 1 kg
Chorizo – 8 levs per 500 g
Proshutto crudo – 10 levs per 500 g
Brown trout – 1.90 levs per 50 g
Salmon – 15 levs per 250 g
Garfish – 12 levs per 300 g
Flounder – 30 levs per 300 g
Dorada – 2 levs per 50 g
Red mullet – 7 levs per 300 g
Squids in the oil – 6.70 levs per 200 g
A squid, baked on the stove – 15 levs per 400 g
Mish Mash (peppers with eggs and cheese) – 3.50 levs за 350 g
Stuffed pepper – 3 levs за 350 g
Baked beans – 3 levs за 350 g
Pepper with tomato sauce – 3 levs за 350 g
Wine kebab – 4.40 levs per 400 g
Chirpan meatballs – 4.40 levs per 400 g
Moussaka – 4.40 levs per 400 g
Stuffed pepper with minced meat – 4.40 levs per 400 g
Pork shank with mushroom sauce – 4.40 levs per 400 g
Chicken with rice – 3.80 levs за 400 г
Chicken with potatoes – 3.80 levs за 400 г
Chicken with stewed cabbage – 3.80 levs за 400 г
Chicken kavarma – 3.80 levs за 400 г
Grilled chicken – 10 levs per whole or 5.5 levs per half.
If to talk about a fast food, the pizza is popular in Bulgaria (would cost 1.5 – 2 levs per piece depending on toppings, burger will cost 2-3 levs, a boiled corn – from 1 to 1.5 levs. An ice cream, even at the main street, costs 1 lev per bead and in some places – up to 1.5 levs.
The situation is similar to the shops. Prices for food in supermarkets of Pomorie are about the same as in the store Mladost in Nessebar or even slightly lower.
And in Pomorie there is a very good fruit market with a huge selection of ocal and foreign fruits. There is a market in the old town, next to the bus station. Purchased fruits you can wash by right here in a small fountain.
It should be noted that the difference in prices for fruits is very big, due to the fact that tourists are free to choose favorite fruits. No one will take the bad fruit, and therefore prices are lower – fruits do not have time to be spoiled.
Indicative prices for fruits in Pomorie:
- Peaches – ranging from 0.8 to 5 levs per kilo (the cheapest is quite normal, and expensive – are simply wonderful)
- Blue and green grapes – from 1 to 5 levs per kilo (we took for about the 1-2 levs usually)
- Nectarines – from 1.8 levs per kg;
- Apples – from 0.7 levs per kg;
- Pears – about 2.5 levs per kg;
- Plum – 1-1.2 levs per kg;
- Figs – from 2 to 4.5 levs/kg, depending on quality;
Berries in Bulgaria are quite expensive – it is a perishable product, they are difficult to collect and transport. Berries are sold in cups often than by weight. Approximate prices for berries in late summer in Pomorie:
- Strawberries – from 2.5 levs per a small cup;
- Cherries – 2-4 levs/kg in a season;
- Watermelons – from 0.5 levs/kg and higher;
- Melons – from 0.5 levs/kg, as well as watermelons. Melons are delicious in Bulgaria;
- Raspberries – from 2.5 levs per a small cup;
- Blackberries – from 2.5 levs per a small cup;
- Blueberries – from 2.5 levs per a small cup;
- Almonds – 12 levs/kg. For sale in the shell, very fresh and tasty.
We advise to read: a good article about fruits in Bulgaria
Prices for transport and taxis in Pomorie
In contrast to Nessebar or Sunny Beach, in Pomorie you can even afford to ride in a taxi. Here it costs about half the price – about 2 levs per kilometer. The exact price is always hanging on one of the car windows, but you can try and bargain with the driver agreed to significantly lower the amount.
If a taxi is expensive for you (and for us), we recommend you to use public transport – it goes here regularly and is not expensive.
Prices for accommodation in Pomorie: hotel rentals at the sea
Accommodation in Pomorie costs much cheaper than in other coastal resorts. You can rent a hotel room here from 1100 rubles per day.
To estimate the approximate housing prices in Pomorie you can use the convenient searching form, where you can see the hotels on the map. When booking through our website the price for you will not change, and we get a pretty penny, which will help us to maintain and develop the site, filling it with useful and relevant information. Thank you in advance!
For some tourists it is more convenient to rent a private apartment, not a hotel room. You can look for the best options for housing in AirBnB:
Purchase a property in Pomorie you can at an average price of 25 to 50 thousand euros. At the same time there are still options for housing at the sea, even in new buildings or in the old part of the city.
You may be interested:
- Attractions of Pomorie with detailed descriptions, photos and reviews.
- A beach on the foreland near Pomorie – one of the best in town.
- A description and photos of the monastery of St.George – the main attraction of the city.
- A selection and a description of the best beaches of Pomorie – a sea, a water temperature and what is on the beaches.
- The lake of Pomorie – the place of amazingly beautiful nature.
- A selection of the most interesting resorts in Bulgaria with a description and photos.
- Souvenirs from Bulgaria – what is better to bring and how much will it cost?
- Everything about currency and exchange offices in Bulgaria – how not to be cheated?