Couse of small rise in price of vacation abroad, the price of rest for many tourists comes out on top. Looking through different countries and choosing the most advantageous tour in terms of price and quality, we paid attention to the price of excursions, self-tourism, food and souvenirs.
A great advantage of rest in Bulgaria for us was the low cost of both food and hotels. So we could afford two weeks of rest instead of one.
How much did it cost for us to travel to Bulgaria – the price of a holiday with all expenses
In order to understand why we have obtained such expenses, we will briefly characterize ourselves. We are very economical and inquisitive. So we save on everything, except for excursions and travel.
We ate mainly food from the supermarket, did not eat at restaurants, lived in the cheapest hotel. If you are not want to deny yourself in something and also like to travel – safely multiply our costs by 2 or even 3.
We lived in Nessebar – this is one of the most famous and expensive resorts in Bulgaria. If you want to save money, we advise you to take a closer look at the Pomorie resort – we will go there next time.
For those who do not like to read – a short cost estimate
Let’s very briefly calculate how much money you will need. In the calculations we did not take into account the cost of housing and car rental – here everyone has their own tastes.
The cost of the tour was not taken into account. You can read about the differences in prices in different cities of Bulgaria in the article about the resorts.
For a week in Bulgaria you need to take with you:
- $ 50-100 if you planning to live modestly and almost do not travel;
- $ 100-150 per person, if you live rather modestly, but travel around the country;
- From $ 200, if you plan to eat 7 days in restaurants, but almost do not go anywhere;
- From $ 400, if you want to not deny yourself in anything.
For example, we rested very budgetarily, ate only food from the supermarket, but traveled a lot by public transport. As a result, we spent only $200 for two for 14 days, visited 9 cities and many fascinating sights.
But to be honest, we were not in the restaurant even once, did not bring souvenirs and in many ways denied ourselves in entertainment.
Cost of tour to Bulgaria
Prices for trips to Bulgaria are very different. We, for example, went by bus. The cheapest package cost us $ 450 for 14 days.
The plane, of course, will be several times more expensive, it is better to check it at your local tourist operator or search on Travelata.ru.
If departure is not from your city, I advise you to add also the costs of transport to and from the airport.
Prices of excursions and independent travel around the country
The average price for an interesting tour in Bulgaria is $50-75 . In most cases, all the same (or almost all) can be visited 2-3 times cheaper by public transport.
Buses in Bulgaria are very comfortable, with air conditioning. To travel by them is really a pleasure – you can relax at the same time and look on the beautiful scenery from the window.
Also you may be interested in the article with actual prices for excursions in Bulgaria.
What we recommend to visit:
- The Botanical Garden in Balchik – a place of amazing beauty.
- The ancient city of Nessebar – a very beautiful and romantic ancient city.
- Pomorie lake and a wild beach nearby – you can see swans, herons, pelicans and cormorants in wild conditions and swim on a surprisingly beautiful beach where there are absolutely no people.
- The cities of Varna and Burgas – each of which is suitable not only for sightseeing, but also for a small shopping.
What can you visit if you can travel deep into the country (for example, on a rented car):
- Veliko Tarnovo and Arbanassi are one of the most beautiful places in Bulgaria.
- The Valley of Roses – come here only from mid-May to the first half of June, when the roses massively blossom.
- Sofia – we recommend you to come here separately, he capital of Bulgaria is very far away tfrom the coast.
For most tourists it will be interesting to visit Istanbul. Offer both shopping tours and sightseeing tours, for 1-2 days.
Also on the Internet there are two pretty interesting sites offering individual excursions by car:
- Inexpensive, but quality excursions, which in our opinion are better than similar at a tour operators.
- Expensive exclusive and original excursions, which will definitely be remembered for a long time (very expensive).
Souvenirs and purchases in Bulgaria – how much they costs and what to buy?
In our very subjective opinion, in terms of souvenirs, Bulgaria does not offer anything special. Here you can buy slightly cheaper silver and jewelry, cosmetics Bulgarian rose, knitted tablecloths and handkerchiefs.
Trade and quite strange things, like Greek fur coats, especially relevant in the summer heat. Of course, here you can find all kinds of magnets, cups, seashells and Chinese handicrafts, there is no shortage – they are on all the counters.
- Several sets of cosmetics Bulgarian rose (cost 7.50 levs in Pomorie) – for gifts to relatives and friends.
- Jams of figs (costing 3 levs in the supermarket of Nessebar) are delicious and seem to be natural.
- Useful jam from cones (worth 4.5 levs in the supermarket of Nessebar) – in case you get cold in winter.
- A simple bracelet made of silver (9 levs[/ lev] per gram in Old Nessebar) – just for memory.
In general, we also could buy a knitted tablecloth, rakiya, manov honey (expensive, rare, useful) from the exhibition of honey in Old Nessebar, but we decided to save money.
We wanted to buy something from clothes, but the choice in early September was quite modest – we did not find anything interesting and quality.
How much did we spend for 2 weeks in Bulgaria – the total cost of our holiday and all expenses
Let’s try to calculate how much we spent for holiday in Bulgaria. We rested for 14 days in a cheap hotel Vanini in the town of Nessebar, traveled around the country by bus. Of course, the figures are approximate, we did not set out to calculate everything to a penny.
- The trip to Bulgaria – $ 700 for two for 14 days, with not bad breakfasts.
- Expenses for food: about $ 75 for two for two weeks.
- Expenses for souvenirs: about $ 25 for everything.
- Excursions, visiting sights, tickets to museums: approximately $ 100 for all the attractions described on our website. In the cities we liked, we were 2-3 times.
To summarize, 2 weeks of excellent rest in Bulgaria cost us only $ 1000.
For comparison, only one week in Montenegro was more expensive (1500 $) and there we was trying to save much more. Many Food in Montenegro are more expensive.
How much does it cost about a week in Bulgaria?
- For $ 50-100, you can rest fairly budget and even visit several attractions. Of course, restaurants can not eat, but you can buy any products in the supermarket easily;
- For $ 100-150 per person, you can afford a few dinners in a restaurant, a small shopping and go to a couple of the most interesting Bulgarian resorts;
- From $ 200 for a week is enough to not deny yourself anything (if you have a travel experience and you will not choose the most expensive restaurants and excursions);
- From $ 400 per person for 7 days should be enough to not even think about money.
Of course, you can take down almost any amount for a day in Bulgaria – riding a water bike, discos in Sunny Beach, the best restaurants and taxi trips here are very expensive. But with a reasonable approach, you can perfectly relax literally “for a penny,” as we did.
How to calculate the cost of holiday in Bulgaria?
Choose a tour and simply add to it:
- $ 100-200 per person per week, if you want and know how to save and prefer a budget vacation.
- 200-400 $, if you do not like to deny yourself something, but you are not used to throwing money away.
- 400-600 $ per person for 7 days, if you want to be able to afford almost everything.
What else to read about:
- Resorts in Bulgaria – how do they differ, what to choose and where is cheaper?
- How to organize a holiday in Bulgaria by yourself – on what and how can you save money?
- Food in Bulgaria – what and how much does it cost?
- Prices in Bulgaria – what can you buy here and how much money will it take?
- Currency of Bulgaria – what is the exchange rate, how to change and not let yourself be deceived?
- Souvenirs from Bulgaria – what can you bring and how much will it cost?
- What to see in Bulgaria in summer – choose where to go on an excursion.
- What beaches in Bulgaria – choose the ideal place for rest.