Some of the beaches are located behind hotels, but everyone can attend their territory. They are always clean, and there are sunshades and sun loungers for rent.
Especially, I would like to mention a beach on a spit, where perfectly match the amazing nature, the crystal clear sea water and the almost complete lack of tourists. Nearby there is Lake Pomorie with its healing mud and unique bird sanctuary.
By the way, at some beaches of Pomorie sometimes there are a lot of tourists, but not always. More about this will be discussed later in this article.
The beaches of Pomorie – main advantages and disadvantages
In total, we have counted about five beaches in Pomorie, and this is not counting reinforced concrete platforms, partly reminiscent of places for sunbathing and swimming in Nessebar, a nudist beach and a long sand spit on the outskirts of the city.
To advantages we can include: a mild summer air temperature, a sloping descent into the water, which is very convenient for a vacation with children, local healing sand and mud, the presence of spa resorts literally beside and a variety of water activities for tourists of all ages.
To disadvantages we assign algae on a shore. Although for the health of tourists, this is a huge plus, because the surrounding air is saturated with such a useful iodine odor.
The South Beach of Pomorie
This is one of the most modern Bulgarian beaches. Some websites contain information, that this is also one of the most eco-friendly beaches of the country, which is slightly disagrees with the opinion and researches of the European Union.
- The surface layer of the beach: a dense sand;
- A bottom: comfortable, sandy, perfect for family vacations and holidays with children;
- The temperature and the purity of the water: the water is warm and almost always crystal clear because of the heavy and dense sand on the shore;
- Prices at the beach: there are sun loungers, sunshades and even tents for hire ( 50 levs [/ lev]);
- Free zone: quite large, alternating with a paid, tourists often come with their sunshades;
- Security: there are rescuers;
- Comfort: a beach is fully equipped, there are changing rooms, WC, a massage parlor and courts for volleyball;
- Food: nearby there are beachfront cafes;
- Available space at the beach: is located near hotel complexes, so in a season can be crowded, but you can find a free space;
- The size of the beach: more than 1 kilometer with free zones.
To South Beach come mainly holidaymakers from the hotel “Sunset Resort”, since this hotel is in close proximity to it. You can see prices for holidays in “Sunset Resort”, using the link below::[tp_hotel_widget hotel_id=52914 responsive=true]
A beach near the hotel “At The America’s” or the American beach
A good and, the most importantly, clean beach, which is located on the outskirts of the old part of Pomorie. The area is quite small, but there is always free space. Tourists with children like to rest here.
- The surface layer of the beach: small shells with sand, very cleanly;
- A bottom: sandy, a steep descent;
- The temperature and the purity of the water: warm sea water, as at all beaches along the coast of Pomorie, during a season and an active flow of tourists may be slightly muddy;
- Prices at the beach: there are sunbeds and sunshades for [lev k=6]6 levs per a set, and also you can rent a comfortable tent;
- Free zone: is located directly at the sea;
- Security: no rescuers in sight;
- Comfort: there is a playground and a pier with sea boats for rent;
- Food: close to the beach is located a hotel with a restaurant;
- Available space at the beach: depending on a season, but mostly there are places for new tourists;
- The size of the beach: quite small, with a length of a little more than 200 meters.
Directly in front of the beach is located a good three-star hotel called “At The American’s”. Its guests can enjoy not only a good service, but also a curative sea air directly at its territory. You can browse prices and choose a worthy option on our website below:
The East and the Central beaches in Pomorie
We have combined these two beaches not accidental, because they are almost continuous strip of sand. Divided into 9 areas with stone mounds, there are both fully equipped and completely wild beaches.
In contrast to other coastal zones listed in this article, in the eastern and the central parts of the promenade prevails gray sand, sometimes close to black. Both beaches, according to the researches of the European Union, are eco-friendly, which is confirmed by assigning of The Blue Flag to the main city beach of Pomorie.
- The surface layer of the beach: sand, dark in some areas;
- A bottom: sandy, gently sloping, a comfortable descent into the water;
- The temperature and the purity of the water: the sea water in those regions is warm and almost crystal clear (especially when there are no crowds of tourists);
- Prices at the beach: there are sunbeds and sunshades for 6 levs per unit, it is possible to rent a tent for 35 levs;
- Free zone: alternates with a paid, in some areas – only free;
- Security: there are rescuers;
- Comfort: in some places there are massage parlors, changing rooms, showers and WC;
- Food: along the beaches there are cafes and snack bars;
- Available space at the beach:vacationers prefer to have rest at more equipped parts of the beach, than at its “wild” parts;
- The size of the beach: the total length more than 2 kilometers.
Since there is no clear boundary between the beaches, as the Central Beach is considered to be the area near Grand Hotel. In addition, the hotel offers services of mud treatment in a special recreational and rehabilitation center. You can see for yourself by clicking on the link below:
Reinforced concrete beaches in Pomorie
On the territory of Pomorie can also be seen reinforced concrete platforms, where tourists like to relax. There are many such platforms along the embankment, that connects the old and the new parts of the city. This is ideal for those who prefer a small number of people, and who indifferent to beach comforts.
There is always clean sea water and very nice views. The bottom is mostly sandy, sometimes you can see stones. A significant disadvantage may be not very convenient descent into the water – by special small stairs located right there.
A wild beach
As in any resort of Bulgaria, in Pomorie you can also find a wild beach. It is located at the junction of the mainland and the peninsula. The beach area is quite small, but a free place can always be found. Mainlt, there prefer to have rest locals, because nearby there is a sleeping area of Pomorie.
A beach on the spit
The purest and, probably, the most secluded beach in Pomorie is located in the outskirts of the city. At this beach you will not find comfortable sun loungers and sunshades, there are no cabins for changing clothes or WC. Instead, you are guaranteed a quiet and a relaxing rest.
Those who will not be lazy to walk several kilometers along the coast of the sea, will see a magnificent picture: a dark sand, a crystal clear water, an endless blue sky and almost absolute lack of tourists.
More about this beach you can read in our separate article: A beach on the spit near Pomorie.
The beaches of Pomorie on the map of the city
To demonstrate the location of the beaches in the city, we offer a map of all beaches in of Pomorie, known to us. You just have to choose the most convenient place on it and dive into a heavenly pleasure.
Useful links and interesting information:
- The conclusions of researches of the European Union of the purity of water and beaches in Bulgaria.
- The seaside resort of Pomorie: what to see and where to go?
- Photos of the beaches of Nessebar: a brief description and reviews.
- The most unusual and romantic beach of Pomorie – a beach on the spit.
- What to expect from the sea in Bulgaria?
- Lake Pomorie – a miracle of the Bulgarian nature.