To a wild, but clean beach we have come, while traveling from Nessebar to Pomorie. It was an ordinary spit along which we wanted to walk for a long time (we studied the map of Bulgarian cities and location of them at home, to make it easier to navigate the terrain). Its unusualness was confirmed by the fact, that from one side of us stretched big curative Lake Pomorie, and on the other side behind rocks the sea lapped quietly. There were no cars, bicycles or even crowds of tourists, and therefore the place seemed like a heavenly spot among the riot of life.
Lake Pomorie is a big salty lagoon, that stretches over several kilometers along the seashore. It is famous for healing mud, located at the bottom and a rare amazing nature.
Sometimes you can meet people, who want to receive medical treatment for free, especially at the beginning of the spit on both sides (from the side of Pomorie and Aheloy). We do not advise to test the miraculous power of mud for yourself without medical advice, because this way you can do much harm to your health.
From the side of Pomorie, on both sides of the spit, freely stretched nudist beaches, and since they are very disciplined and do not interfere with anyone, surrounding tourists pass by in silence. Many nudists smeared with mud from head to toe and simply bask in the sun.
But the greatest treasure of this place is a long strip of sand beaches along the spit. If armed with everything you need (from drinking water to the camera) and go a little further from Aheloy or Pomorie, you will see not only an incomparable Bulgarian nature in all its beauty, but also will find your personal wild beach.
On weekdays, you can have a pretty good rest on a beach – to the nearest vacationers is at least a few hundred meters. From the side of the dam, that separates the lake from the sea, you also will not be disturbed. After all, in order to get to the beach, you need to go down on rocks of impressive size. In some places it is rather dangerous.
On weekends the beach becomes more crowded, but even then vacationers are arranged at a large distance from each other (at least 100 meters). Sometimes along the beach you can see tourists, who look for more secluded place or go to the city. They do not disturb to anyone and pass by quickly, but often their look makes it clear, that they are ordinary nudists.
On the spit prevails healing dark sand, close to black. The presence of Lake Pomorie nearby, contributes to the appearance at the seashore of cute small birds outwardly very similar to seagulls (probably gerbils). Very beautiful blue sea is always clean in this area. Rarely, especially if to compare to tourist beaches here you can see algae and large seashells under your feet, more rarely it is possible to see a jellyfish.
To swim and to sunbathe on the sand spit is an incomparable pleasure. Nobody sprinkles water on you, not trying to swamp you with sand or occupy a place under your sunshade. Here you can relax, feel like the owner of a small, but private beach.
- Best of all to travel to the spit in the morning, when a little windy. At the dam, which stretches along the sea, on a hot summer day is circling a plurality of nasty small midges, that strive to adhere to the body and to bite you. Their number creates a certain inconvenience. In windy weather wind blows them away and the walk seems very pleasant.
- Another important point is to choose a day for a walk. If you want to spend few hours in seclusion, then you will approach any weekday. Otherwise, you run the risk of of being caught by surprise.
- Being a long time in the fresh air and swimming in the warm sea water, you want to eat more frequently, than usual. Therefore, we recommend to take with you drinking water and something to eat (sandwiches, fruits, cookies). Also you will need: a sunshade, a blanket, a towel, and, of course, a camera.
- If you are going to walk a bit along the dam and down to the sand spit, then wear clothes, which will protect your body from the sun. And comfortable shoes will protect your feet while descending or climbing over the rocks back.
- Do not take too many things with you on a journey. You will have to carry everything, that you choose to take with you (at least for about an hour from the bus stop in Pomorie). Therefore, think again: Do you need an extra burden?